Sunday, October 1, 2017

Bus Trip 2017 Day 2

All the ladies did a great job of staying on time so we were off to Peace to Piece by 7:45 a.m.  I totally understand there are women who aren't at their best that early in the morning so I always appreciate them getting there on time.  It makes my job as bus mom so much easier. 

Mom and I went on a scouting trip last fall to check out the shops for this trip but we didn't get a chance to visit Peace to Piece but we heard such nice things about the shop we decided to include it in the trip.  So glad we did.  It was a wonderful shop and come to find out it was featured in Quilt Sampler this year.  The shop gave us a wonderful demonstration on a book called Sizzlin' Sixties by Heather Mulder Peterson on how to use jelly rolls.  The demo was great and I picked up the book.  They also made us some amazing bread pudding for which I'm hoping to get the recipe.

The store was bright and sunny and there were so many cute samples I almost didn't know where to look.







I had to herd a few people out of the shop as they kept seeing stuff they wanted to buy.  But we got out of there just a few minutes late and we were off to Havana IL to Ma's Got a Notion.  This store specializes in backing fabric with over 900 bolts.  It was very tight with 49 women in the shop but there were some very pretty things.  They had a nice selection of wool and some patterns and fabric I'd never seen before.  Of course it seemed like every store we visited had some pattern or fabric we had never seen. 

The store owner was pretty smart as she had precut almost all of the bolts of backing fabric.  I grabbed some pretty red backing, paid and was the second one out of the store.





 We had box lunches delivered to the store so I grabbed my egg salad and took a seat on a planter on the street.  The egg salad was some of the best I've eaten, messy but delicious.  It didn't take long for Twyla and I to be joined by a bunch of other ladies eating our delicious lunch.



I guess I forgot to take pictures at the next two stores cuz I sure can't find them on the camera.  The next stop was Peddler's Way in Washington.  I really like this store.  It has such a variety and the staff is very very helpful.  They were having a sale on Anita Goodesign so I picked up a machine embroidery pattern for cute Halloween faces to embroider on a towel.  I also picked up a pattern or two.  I already have enough patterns to last two life times but I just can't seem to say no to a cute pattern.  This store is down a very small alley so we had to walk about a block to get to the store.  I think this was the farthest we parked from any store.  Trevor rocks!!!!!

The last shop of the day was The Quilt Corner in Morton IL.  Another very nice shop and one of my mom's favorites.  There were some really beautiful patterns and samples galore.  Ginny saw a really cute sample quilt and asked about the fabric to be told that they were all out.  She then convinced them to sell her the sample.  How cool is that.  Go Ginny!!!!  Mom bought this beautiful dragon fly kit.  She just loves dragonflies.  I bought some pink cork.

We stayed on schedule all day but I did have to deny the request to stop at Starbucks so our pizza wouldn't be cold by the time we arrived at the hotel.  Check in at the hotel went very smoothly and pizza arrived right on time.  Love it when a plan comes together. 

After we devoured the delicious Tobin's pizza we had show and tell of one or two of our favorite purchases.  We always laugh so much when we have this time together as a group. 













It was another great day with wonderful women, great shopping and beautiful fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment