I've observed a number of interesting things while I've been visiting Australia.
1. They limit their election campaign to 8 weeks. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!
2. It is a legal requirement that all people over the age of 18 must vote. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!
3. Their ballots are pretty confusing requiring you to rank the candidates. (I'm thinking that might confuse a lot of people in the U.S.)
4. They have a store called Woolworth's. It is a grocery store.
5. They have a store called Cole's also a grocery store. Don't confuse it with Kohl's in the U.S.
6. They have Target and K-Mart here but not quite the same stores as in the U.S. They are more like Kohl's in the U.S.
7. Left turns are way easier in Australian than they are in the U.S.
8. There are a lot of old U.S. TV shows on broadcast tv in Australia. When was the last time you saw "Jake and the Fatman" or "T.J. Hooker"?
9. Sometimes the same language, English, is totally different.
10 Instead of going to France to learn to cook, people should come to Melbourne. The food there is totally amazing and fresh.